Coming back to home with the newborn brings up new responsibilities. With the new types of responsibilities come new challenges. Most of the parents find it difficult to manage their sleep while trying to take care of the newborn. Not having adequate sleep can exhaust them very quickly.
Then, what is the solution?
Well, the solution is to hire a Newborn Care Specialist.
What is a Newborn Care Specialist?
Newborn Care Specialists, as the name suggests, are individuals who primarily take care of the newborn after the parents come back home from the clinic. They are trained in taking care of the newborns.
The specialists support the parent in looking after the baby and at the same time in guiding parents on the right way to take care of the baby. They also help in scheduling a baby’s daily activities. By taking care of the newborn in the night they allow parents to take full night sleep.
What are the different services Newborn Care Specialists provide?
Newborn Specialists mostly visit in the night. When the parents are sleeping, the specialist will take care of the feeding of the child. As per the requirement, they can either bottle feed the baby or can help the mother breastfeeding the child. They also ensure proper burping and changing clothes after feeding, if needed.
The day time activities include scheduling daily routine, helping in baby feeding, and also creating an environment conducive to the nurturing of the newborn during their waking hours.
What are the common responsibilities of a Newborn Care Specialist?
A Newborn Care Specialist will usually perform the following tasks:
- Diapering the newborn, bathing, and changing as and when required and taking care of the circumcision.
- Bottle feeding the baby, and cleaning and sanitizing the bottle.
- Helping mothers in breastfeeding and resolving issues related to breastfeeding.
- Scheduling all the activities including feeding, sleeping, and activities during the waking hours.
- Looking after the newborn during the night time to allow parents to have proper sleep.
- Anticipating issues with the newborn and offering expert opinion to resolve the problems.
- Creating a soothing environment for the parents for a seamless transition.
- Calming down the baby using appropriate methodologies.
- Maintaining a careful record of the newborn sleeping and feeding habits and patterns.
- Guide and assist parents.
Hiring a trained and skilled Newborn Care Specialist can relieve parents of many problems related to the newborn. It can be beneficial in developing the right sleeping and feeding habits for the baby and also in creating a good initial environment for the baby’s nurturing.